Trigeminal Neuralgia (facial nerve pain)
Pain in the face that can
last from seconds to days. Recurring attacks that get longer each time it
Sudden facial spasms on one or more of the three branches of nerves
(trigeminal). Comes suddenly in a shocking spasming fashion, extremely
painful. Most commo is the Zygomatic and the mandibular branches. The
orbital is less common.
Do not puncture on patients
Try to find out what
triggers: emotional stress, weather, food, talking.
TCM- Wind/Heat, Wind/Cold,
Toxic Heat, Qi and Blood stagnation
- Orbital: BL2, [GB8 - GB14 - LI4 -
ST8 - ST41]
- Zygomatic: [ST2 - SI18 - LI4 - LI20 -
- Mandibular: [RN24 - jia cheng jiang -
TH17 - ST44 - LI4]
- Wind: GB20
- Qi and Blood stagnation: SP6, LR3
*Sedating methods- do not
over manipulate, longer calmer stimulation.
- auricular- facial, mandible, frontal,
- injection- vit B1 & B12, Yan Hu Suo,
preference is to inject subcutaneously on the trigger point